Wednesday 29 May 2013

House sitting success!

Over the last few weeks Hubby & I have been house sitting for his folks, who have been on holidays over-seas for a month. Their place is only about 15/20 mins from ours so it wasn't a big move, although our suburbs are almost world’s apart :-)

Their home backs onto a national park and they live in a quiet circular street, so as you could imagine the peace and quiet is something we don't get much of, living on a main street with unit buildings all around.

Just look at the beautiful views.
Foggy Mornings

Beautiful sunsets
I must admit at first suggestion of house-sitting, I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted to do it, as I am very much a person who likes to have all my own stuff at hand and although I love holidays, I don’t enjoy living out of a suitcase.
 I was wondering if it would be "too hard" with a toddler, to feel at home... you know they need so much 'Stuff' and I'm a hopeless packer.. lol ... Ryan had suggested we try it out and see how it goes, if I am not happy we can just go home again.. Smart move.

But I'm happy to say that it has been really nice, we did bring quite a bit of stuff, although I kinda brought it over gradually, as I would need something else we could pop home and pick it up.. No issues... which made me feel more comfortable to know if I needed it, I could get it.. Suffice to say after the first week, I went back less & less and was able to adapt happily with what I had. 

Lunch in the sunshine

Enjoying the sun
Carter has been very happy here, there is already enough toys and books to play with, as Nanny has all that for the many visits from Grandchildren ... so I didn't need to bring any toys. We figured it would be good to play with different things and then his toys and books would be exciting again when we eventually went home. 
He has 2 big lounge rooms to run around in, a front and back yard, a large walk in pantry (which he loves) and then there are the stairs!.. 
Oh the Stairs.. He just love Stairs and at first wanted to go up and down ALL the time.. It got a bit tiring following him to make sure he was ok.. So we decided to keep that to a minimum and kept the doors to the stairs closed.



I must admit I always thought I wanted to live in a town house with 2 storey’s and have the extra space upstairs.. BUT being Pregnant I now think.. WHY .. hahaha.. its so much work and makes me tired. If i had to carry him up to bed I have to catch my breath before I can sing him a night time song lol....

The nature & wildlife around here has been lovely too, we were able to take walks up the street and spot the wild bunny rabbits and loads of different birdies.. I've loved watching Carter stop and put his hand to his ear when he hears the birds chirping or the doggies barking.. its very cute.


A little visitor 


Its lovely having a garden to walk around in and not have to even get out of my PJ's if I didn't want to ... heheh.. Yes that happened many times.. At home its a process of us getting dressed, getting the pram out of the garage and heading off to the park for some simple sit in the grass enjoyment... so this has been nice... Also they have a large balcony which gets LOTS OF SUNSHINE.. so we would sit out there and have lunch on many occasions or just look out at the pool and the bush lands...  I'm deff catching up on my lack of Vitamin D here.. THANK YOU!
Looking at the Ants, listening to the birds and Gnome hunting.


So needless to say we have stayed practically the WHOLE time they have been away, which has been a nice break from our flat. Now the whole move back home is a little hard to think about.. well I mean, I am looking forward to going ‘home’ and having all my own stuff, being closer to the things I am used to and for appointments etc... but I can say I will miss having all this space and especially the peace and quiet.. (oh and the heater & dishwasher were a nice luxury)

He was a good little helper
a favourite game, falling into the case

Thank you, its been Fun :-)
xx


2 comments:

  1. Just the view is relaxing! I'm so glad you had a nice time and it looks like Carter LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and carter enjoyed your time there xx

    ReplyDelete