Tuesday 7 May 2013

Exciting news for us to share

Finally I am getting this post written.
Yes we have some exciting news to share and what I didn't mention in my last post is that ....

Baby number 2 is on the way!!!

We are super excited to be expecting another little bundle of joy and although I have gone through a full circle of emotions, I am very excited for Carter to have a little brother or sister and addition to our little family.

Although we have noticed recently, that Carter has been extra clingy with me and not quite as much his happy go lucky little self... At first we thought it was a habit he'd gotten into the last couple of weeks when he was sick and we had to snuggle him all the time... 
but I've heard that often a toddler will sense when mummy is expecting a new baby and they become super sensitive... Has anyone else had experience with this?... got any tips?.. Because his not wanting to sleep on his own is driving me crazy. 

This pregnancy is also different in that last time I was excited and a little scared of the Unknown ... however this time there is a lot of hesitation of the 'KNOWN' .... I didn't really 'enjoy' child birth (who does) or more so the recovery after, so am little nervous about all that... and unlike last pregnancy when I could do practically nothing, just rest, relax and enjoy the benefits of "Being Pregnant"... this time with my demanding beautiful active little boy I am tired, sleep deprived and some days almost forget I am pregnant... until I look down of course and see my HUGE growing belly.. LOL

Oh yeah and when people say, "you pop out quicker second time around' that is an understatement.. I swear people look at me and think, wow not long to go! .. but hello we are only half way there...

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get a clearer scan of baby.. however some cute arms and legs.. Ryan is pleased at the leg muscle definition on our little one hahaha





Any guesses if you think its a Girl or Boy?? ... 
I'll let you know at our next scan.... hopefully :-)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! :) I totally understand about being super tired. Little boys are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankks Elle, haha yeah and you have 2 boys now.. will be interesting to see what we get next.. although something tells me what ever is going to be a handful... haha xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations that's wonderful news! Its much harder being pregnant with a toddler than first time round. And its true that they sence something is different normally not un till closer to the end of pregnancy but because your tum is so big it could have started early! My emotions second time round were alot worse lol!! So im completely sympathetic with what your going through. I had to keep telling my self labour is just one day and its over before you know it! Best wishes xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly, you also get the whole being away from your family with the second one coming... How did you manage? ... YES emotions are worse second time round, i didnt expect that at all.. thanks for the comment.. keep in touch. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys, I'm going to bet boy. Check out that leg, it's an olympian in the making!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love, Some serious muscles huh... still cant believe number two is on the way... YIKES!

      Delete
  4. : ) sooo exciting for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely.. you're next... give it a few months and then we are on schedule hahah.. xx

      Delete